Monday, June 22, 2009

Crab Spider and his victim




Kingdom: Animalia
Phylum: Arthropoda
Class: Arachnida
Order: Araneae
Superfamily: Thomisoidea
Family: Thomisidae

Kingdom: Animalia
Phylum: Arthropoda
Class: Insecta
Order: Hymenoptera
Family: Formicidae
Subfamily: Formicinae
Tribe: Oecophyllini
Genus: Oecophylla

Here is a crab spider that is feasting on the red ant. I would have you believe that I stumble upon this occasion by chance and real hard work, scouting from flowers to flowers, my persistence was rewarded with this find. Death emancipating from the starring pairs of eyes, reminds you, makes you feel sorry for his death. There again, you felt helpless as this is part of nature.
But what if, I tell you that the ant was caught, injured and fed to the crab spider so that he can have a good feast. This was done in the moment when I was overwhelmed by the long wait, together with the crab spider, that I took pity on her and started to give her some helps. Would you blame me for my mischief and accuse me for my sin?
That was not the case, instead, after spending many days under the scorching sun, watching the crab spider, at the same bushes of yellow flower, I had grew more and more impatient, for my desire to have a great image, I had hatched a plan to kill the ant and sent him to the crab spider. The weaver ant was chosen because of their abundance, their irritable nuisance, and their almost translucent red, all that would make a good compliment to the saturated yellow. On his death bed, his eyes starred into me and detested. The innocent crab spider was framed for his death.
Who would really know what actually happened between the three of us, the spider, the ant and me. Would you have another story to tell from this single imagery freezed in digital moment?
Death is such a poignant imagery that someone has to be held responsible. The pair of eyes stared into me and you, piercing into our heart and conscience. Conscience is one huge human creation that had its seed when we were young. Does nature has conscience?
Here are the series of images created over a period of about a week.

1 comment:

  1. I like this post, enjoyed this one thankyou for posting . Central Excise Cenvat Credit Rules http://www.allas1.com/node/1#comment-6565

    ReplyDelete