Saturday, January 17, 2009

Black Swan

I was so impressed with the book Black Swan that I just have to create a menu button "Black Swan". After living for 44 years I realised that I am such an adventurer that I always venture into something that are totally unrelated to my work initially as architecture designer then as an Urban Planner. I was into desktop publishing, web design, dot com, and lately as a advocate for the appreciation of nature in its minute form, concentrating on the "Portraits of Arthropods". Though it seems a shun subject, I had a lot of satisfaction watching friends and strangers lighten up in amazement when I showed them the insects and spider I had shot. Seeing their facial expression changes from first disgust, when asked to watch some insects, to delighted amazement, after showing it to them on the iTouch with pinch, move and enlargement. The first question that came into their mind was I must have very expensive equipment to capture them. Of course my typical answer, as most of you had already known, no it was not very expensive. In fact, i had seen lots of great images created by PNS cameras fitted with macro attachment.
I felt great satisfaction for all that squatting, crouching, lying and sweating under the scotching sun were all worth it.
In this "Black Swan" you will see text or images other than insects and spider. Something which Nassim Nicholas Taleb had termed it spontaneous knowledge. For me, it is about other than the InSectHunter that only take picture of arhtropods who you know. A lot of time it is great to be recognised as the InSectHunter, but it just fall short of knowing the other aspect of me. Here is where I speak with another voice. I hope you would agree with me. So give me your heartiest comments and as I had always told friends and acquaintance, I am always 18 years old at heart. Encouragement fills my heart to the fullest on this singular quest for that Portraiture. Thanks all of you.

No comments:

Post a Comment